Reporting to: Logistics Manager
Location: Field Based
With over 50 years of experience, ICE is the UK’s largest independent provider of cleaning equipment. We manage thousands of sites across the UK in a wide variety of sectors including retail, healthcare, warehousing, manufacturing, distribution, and education. As well as supplying and servicing traditional cleaning equipment, we also have over a decade of experience in robotic floor cleaning machines. We are not only committed to a greener future through our own ESG strategy, but we also place the utmost focus on ensuring we offer products and services to customers that support their own sustainability goals and commitments. At ICE we strive to encourage personal development and career progression, offering on-the-job training as well as support for professional qualifications for our employees. We are a fast-growing business and this position would suit someone who likes to hit the ground running and has a drive for success.
As a Logistics Specialist, you will be responsible for the delivery and collection of our products to our varying
customer bases, and providing exceptional pre- and post-sale service to ensure our customers maximise the value
and efficiency of our products. A key component of the team’s purpose is to use their engaging personality to inspire
and excite customers and colleagues about the features and benefits of our latest products, technology, and
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work in conjunction with the Product Genius and Key Account Management teams in the delivery, collection, and asset management of our products at customers sites
- Plan and optimise delivery routes to maximise efficiency, minimise travel time, and reduce fuel consumption
- Conduct pre-delivery inspections of equipment to verify its condition and completeness before dispatching for delivery
- Supervise loading and unloading processes, ensuring equipment is securely strapped and protected to prevent damage during transportation
- Monitor delivery progress and proactively address any delays or issues that may arise during transit, keeping relevant teams informed of any changes or updates
- Maintain accurate records of equipment deliveries, collections, and return authorisations, ensuring documentation is properly completed and archived
- Collaborate with the Product Genius team to provide accurate delivery schedules and coordinate logistics for product demonstrations and training sessions
- Work with the company’s internal system in updating job progress via tablet
- Pay close attention to compliance information associated with the delivery of equipment, specifically storage/customer instructions/PA testing dates and other legislative matters i.e. manual handling
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence (Category C/Class 2)
- Willingness to travel extensively in the UK
- Previous experience in delivering or logistics focused role
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with internal teams and customers professionally and effectively
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy, ensuring all documentation and records are complete and up-to-date.
- Problem-solving abilities and the capacity to think quickly and make sound decisions in time-sensitive situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating reliability, accountability and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy items, as required by the job.
- Reliable and punctual
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings or extended hours as needed.
- IT literate