With over 50 years of experience, ICE is the UK’s largest independent provider of cleaning equipment. We manage thousands of sites across the UK in a wide variety of sectors including retail, healthcare, warehousing, manufacturing, distribution, and education. As well as supplying and servicing traditional cleaning equipment, we also have over a decade of experience in robotic floor cleaning machines. We are not only committed to a greener future through our own ESG strategy, but we also place the utmost focus on ensuring we offer products and services to customers that support their own sustainability goals and commitments.
At ICE we strive to encourage personal development and career progression, offering on-the-job training as well as support for professional qualifications for our employees. We are a fast-growing business and this position would suit someone who likes to hit the ground running and has a drive for success.
You will be responsible for the installation and training of our products to our varying customer bases, and providing exceptional pre- and post-sale service to ensure our customers maximise the value and efficiency of our products. A key component of the team’s purpose is to use their engaging personality to inspire and excite customers and colleagues about the features and benefits of our latest products, technology, and innovations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Work in conjunction with the Logistics and Key Account Management teams in the installation, asset management and training of our products at customer sites
• Conduct comprehensive product demonstrations for customers to showcase the features, benefits, and functionality of our products
• Identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling based on customer needs and feedback, and effectively communicate these opportunities to the Key Account Managers
• Develop a strong understanding of our products, including their technical specifications/capabilities
• Act as a trusted advisor to customers, offering expert guidance and support to help them solve cleaning challenges and achieve their operational goals
• Work with the company’s internal system in updating job progress via tablet
• Sort equipment to be delivered according to correct delivery note
• Experience and Skills:
• Full UK Manual Driving Licence, and willingness to travel extensively in the UK
• Proven experience in a customer-facing role, ideally within the industrial equipment or technical product industry
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
• The ability to effectively engage with customers, build relationships, and identify opportunities for additional sales
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and manage a flexible schedule to accommodate customer visits and travel requirements
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail to ensure accurate documentation and follow-up on customer interactions
• A positive attitude, adaptability, and a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies and product innovations
• IT literate, with technical ability to work with cutting edge technology
• Ability to lift and carry heavy items, as required by the job
• Reliable and punctual
• Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings or extended hours as needed