The Customer Support Administrator Apprentice supports the Customer Service and Sales functions of the company by interfacing with customers and internal colleagues across a multitude of customer-centric business tasks.
- Establishing and evolving relationships with internal and external customers, providing a continuously high standard of customer service and account management.
- Responsible for setting up new business or orders and pro-actively managing an effective new customer onboarding process.
- Manage customer orders for equipment purchase, rental, and short-term hire.
- Support the Sales and Key Account Managers and Directors with sales-related activity, such as pricing documents and customer equipment lists.
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks within tight timescales.
- Organise and maintain customer equipment records to keep track of financial transactions.
- Manage specifically assigned customers as well as deliver against wider team objectives.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Main point of contact for all customer sales-related enquiries made via telephone and/or email activity.
- Record sales leads on Customer Relationship Management database
- Process customer orders through to dispatch and successful delivery within established timescales.
- Work with our internal colleagues based at various Hubs across the UK to ensure that orders are dispatched/delivered on time and in line with customer expectations.
- Maintain customer records to ensure capture and maintenance of key customer information (contact details, site details).
- Raise invoices following successful delivery of equipment to customer site including consolidated invoices on a monthly basis.
- Process and track all equipment rental orders and collections and ensure monthly customer billing is correct.
- Manage requests for both short- and long-term hire equipment, including the delivery and collection through our Hubs.
- Produce and communicate accurate and timely reports to key stakeholders and customers.
Experience and Skills:
- Educated to GCSE level or above with grade C (or equivalent) pass or above in English and Maths
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communicator – excellent telephone manner and email etiquette
- Customer centric
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Highly organised
- IT literate
- Performance focused