With over 50 years of experience, ICE is the UK’s largest independent provider of cleaning equipment. We manage thousands of sites across the UK in a wide variety of sectors including retail, healthcare, warehousing, manufacturing, distribution, and education. As well as supplying and servicing traditional cleaning equipment, we also have over a decade of experience in robotic floor cleaning machines. We are not only committed to a greener future through our own ESG strategy, but we also place the utmost focus on ensuring we offer products and services to customers that support their own sustainability goals and commitments.
At ICE we strive to encourage personal development and career progression, offering on-the-job training as well as support for professional qualifications for our employees. We are a fast-growing business, and this position would suit someone who likes to hit the ground running and has a drive for success.
The purpose of our Key Account Directors is to maximise the revenue of the business through the effective and efficient management of accounts, ensuring ICE deliver the contractually agreed levels of service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Expansion of existing ICE development account customers
- Trouble shooting difficult accounts/projects.
- Drive development plans through existing customers
- Work alongside the sales team based on key account/contract tenders and opportunities.
- Coach and develop skills within the existing team.
- Build and develop long term relationships and objectives with strategic clients.
- Help and support and progress the infiltration of new target accounts.
- Work on client retention projects and strategies to renew/resign contracts prior to running their contract term.
- Manage a portfolio of key accounts.
- Manage all aspects of the key accounts, including service calls, compliance and equipment deliveries.
- Support and lead in the key accounts project management aspect of new contracts
- Achieve sales targets for both revenue and activity.
- Presenting up to board level
- Quoting and negotiating at business levels
- Attending client meetings and holding review meetings
- Maintaining and expanding relationships with existing clients
- Ensuring that weekly/monthly reports are completed and submitted in line with the customers and management expectations.
- Working with the Head of Key Accounts and the Senior Board to deliver the highest possible level of service.
Capabilities and Skills:
- Strong people and presentation skills
- Creative writing and document preparation
- Good understanding and proficient use of Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and organised
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach to customers and colleagues
- Hands on, general all rounder
- Strong customer/people orientation
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Proven track records in hitting and exceeding targets
- Diligent and focussed on meeting deadlines and customer expectations.
Typical Performance Measures
- Activity ratios
- Revenue monthly, quarterly, yearly
- Monthly review feedback